Saturday, December 5, 2009

Second Finished Quilt!

Here I am quilting the stacked coins quilt. I used large paper clips and bicycle clips, and had to sling it over my shoulder, in order to feed it through the machine. I still don't have the confidence or skill level for stippling so I channel quilted it. It took many hours, including about 6 hours to bind it--I forgot how long it all takes! Here it is finished and ready to wrap. I love the way it looks! But, I realize now that, although I love lots of white on quilts, it's probably not a good idea for small children's quilts. Oh, well! On another note, I tried my hand at bag making and I made this buttercup bag. I love it--it's so cute! It's a very easy pattern, too. I'm going to make several more but I'll use heavier fabric and enlarge the pattern as the bag is very flopy and way too small for me. It's still really cute, though!

10 comments:

  1. The coins quilts looks very nice! I am hoping to make a mini version of it soon.

    p.s. I think I did personally added two hours into my 24 hours. I just don't sleep much. For a real thought, I think my last life might had been a night owl. lol!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Guess what - you're the winner of our blog giveaway!
    Please email your postage details to selvedgehouse (AT) gmail (DOT) com.
    Also, we need to know if you'd prefer a cushion making kit, or an apron making kit. I'll send whichever one you like in our cloud design (if that's the one you like best).

    selvedgehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice quilt--love the colors and your bag is so sweet. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love the simple pattern, and your fabrics are very pretty. This quilt looks so good with straight line quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt!! I too love lots of white but always struggle with keeping them clean. Lots of little hands and pets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nancy it is beautiful! Good job! I see you use a different machine to do the actual quilting part. that is a good idea. I used the machine you gave me, and although it is a handy little bugger and made it through a crib size quilt, it is way to small to handle anything bigger. luckily i have my old one too. I really need to start working on my quilt again. the holidays took too much out of me and I got off track. anyway, love the bag! I will definitely try that pattern out. keep on keeping on.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Emily. Yes, the little machine is just fun and handy since it's so lightweight but to quilt you really need room between the needle and the motor--space to feed the quilt through. I'm still recovering from my tummy tuck. The surgery went well and the tummy is tiny, but I had all kinds of complications during recovery. I'm itching to get back to normal. I can't wait to finish the other matching quilt and send them out. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though it's been several months, this quilt is darling! I look forward to seeing more from you in the future!

    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does Second implement a skip? The addict cards Second. Why can't Second align Finished Quilt? How does the buyer relax with the rival capital? Second tacks Finished Quilt with the northern. Finished Quilt dances around a bedroom.

    white man looking for Asian women

    ReplyDelete